Monday, November 19, 2012

THANKSGIVING!!

Can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving?  A time to thank God for all you have.  A time to get together with family and eat too much!  .

As I told you in my last blog, my hubby and I have been married almost 49 years.  Yes, a very long, long, long time!!  But you know it really doesn't feel that long.  We have four children, three boys and one girl.  And we have one grandson who is 9 years old.  We are fortunate that all our children live in Florida, so we can see each other fairly often. 

This is the time of year to be thankful.  Thankful for what?  I am sure you have a lot of things to be thankful for. I am thankful to God for how good he is to me.  I am thankful for good health, for a loving husband, for a loving family, for good friends and I could go on and on.  What are you thankful for?

When we get together at Thanksgiving, our daughter-in-law always brings a card for each of us to put on that card what we are thankful for during the year.  It has become a tradition each year.  Most of us groan about what we should write and we have one son you always puts some "smart" answer.  But most of us put what we are so thankful for.  Do you have a "Giving Thanks" tradition?  If so, I would love to hear about it.  Please send me a comment below.

I have a confession to make.  I am addicted to Pinterest, thanks to my daughter-in-law.  She warned me and she was so right.  I am on there a lot grabbing "Pins" and most of them are for desserts!  Now I am sure I will never be able to make them all.  (I have over 600 pins on desserts alone!)  But I am going to try at least one of them for Thanksgiving.  If you haven't tried Pinterest, you should at least give it a look.  You will probably get "hooked" just like I did.

I am sure that some of your family will be in front of the television for the Big Game after or before your meal.  It is a tradition for the Detroit Lions to play the first game on Thanksgiving as well as the Dallas Cowboys play the second game on Thanksgiving.  Our family is originally from Michigan.  We moved to Florida in 1985.  Now you would think we were Lions fans.  Nope!  We are fans of the DaBears!!!  That's right, the Chicago Bears!  But that's for another blog.............

Now after you are done preparing everything for your Thanksgiving dinner, everyone has eaten, you have cleaned up the kitchen and everyone has left, do you have a headache from it all?  Probably.  Why not use one of my Vintage Ice Bags to help that headache go away.  I love how you can use ice or hot water in the bag.  So why not pick one up for yourself.  The Vintage Ice Bag would also be a perfect gift for some of your names on your Christmas list.  You have a choice of 27 different designs.  Visit my web site here.



Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  God's Blessings to you all!!


As Always,

Marilyn








4 comments:

  1. New follower! Your ice bags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate you following my blog.

      Delete
  2. I love the precious prints on the ice bags. Too cute! May as well take care of a headache in style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in a couple weeks there will be several new designs. Thank you for your comment.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete